Information regarding the start of school this week
The beginning of the new school year has arrived! We are very excited to see our amazing students again. For this to work we need your cooperation to keep everyone safe and healthy. Please do not send your child to school if they are showing symptoms. Everyday we are asking parents to administer this home screening checklist to determine if their student is able to attend classes. If your child is exhibiting ANY symptoms on either check list please keep them home!
August 14, 2020
We are happy to have our staff back in the building and are looking forward to welcoming your students back next week. We want to share a few updates with you to help you plan for the upcoming week.
- Schedules: We will open Infinite Campus on Monday at 4:00 PM – students can review their schedules and are encouraged to download a copy. We have focused on completing the fall schedules and will address holes in second semester schedules before December.
- Supplies: Supplies vary based on a student’s scheduled classes. We recommend that all students have the following items on the 19th: notebook, pen or pencil, water bottle, and a backpack. Masks will be a required item for everyone at Salida High School.
- Freshman Orientation: On Monday, incoming freshmen will be sent a “virtual” orientation to the High School. This will include a tour of the building and staff introductions.
- Computer checkout – Students will receive a computer checkout form on August, 19th. We encourage you to review the checkout policy online and then sign and return the form ASAP. Computer check out will begin on Thursday, Aug. 20th. In the 2020-2021 school year, students will be required to bring their computers to school each day.
- Food service – The school will be serving breakfast and lunch beginning August 19. You can pay for meals on the infinite Campus Portal, or students can pay when they go through the lunch line. Free and Reduced Lunch forms were mailed to families and are also available at all district school.
- PE – Students who have PE will need to provide their own workout clothes and shoes. PE lockers will not be issued (they will still be able to utilize the locker room for changing). Physical Education teachers will provide more guidance, based on the class your students is taking
- Early Release days – Salida High School will be releasing students at 1:45 on August 19 – 26. Breakfast and lunch will be served each day.
- School visitors- All visitors to the school will undergo a new process compared to past years. When picking up a student, they will communicate through the intercom in the breezeway. Our secretary staff will provide further guidance. If a meeting with a staff member is needed, this should be scheduled before hand via phone or email.
- Building Access Hours- Starting August 19th, students will be admitted to the building starting at 7:45. This practice will continue throughout the year. They will be asked to leave the building by 4:15
- Office Hours/ Zoom SHS Back to School Meeting- Mrs. Thompson will host an Office Hours Zoom Meeting on Tuesday August 18th at 5pm to answer questions from parents about back to school.
- https://zoom.us/j/99139948324?pwd=VS9ZbjVTRTB5WGNrMWkzOGkwVTV0UT09 Meeting ID: 991 3994 8324 Passcode: wHuW67
Needless to say, it has been a challenging start to the 2020-2021 school year. Seeing students and working with staff over the past few weeks has offered a breath of fresh air and a reassurance that as a community we can meet any and all challenges.
Tami Thompson firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe for Updates
Receive the most current information delivered directly to your inbox.