Information regarding the start of school this week
The beginning of the new school year has arrived! We are very excited to see our amazing students again. For this to work we need your cooperation to keep everyone safe and healthy. Please do not send your child to school if they are showing symptoms. Everyday we are asking parents to administer this home screening checklist to determine if their student is able to attend classes. If your child is exhibiting ANY symptoms on either check list please keep them home!
A short video illustrating Drop off and Pick up Protocol!
School will start on Wednesday, August 19th at 8:15 am. Please DO NOT drop your child off prior to 7:45 as we do not have staff coverage until 7:50. Doors will open at 7:50 with the Kindergarten coming in the East (7th St.) doors, 1st and 3rd grades will come in the front door, and 2nd and 4th grades will come in the West (8th St.) doors. When you drop off your child, they are to come into the building immediately, we do not want the children mixing on the playground before school. Adults will not be allowed into the building due to COVID safety concerns.
On August 19, 20, 24, 25, 26 we will be having half days with Longfellow students dismissed at 1:30. We will be dismissing students who ride the bus first and will dismiss the rest of our students after the busses have left. There will be pickup areas for each grade level with signs for each teacher within that space. We ask that everyone practices social distancing.
- Kindergarten students will meet parents in the 7th St turnabout (which will be closed to cars)
- 1st grade will meet in the aspen grove area on 8th St.
- 2nd grade will meet on 8th St by the bus pickup area (after the busses leave)
- 3rd grade will exit in the back exit by the music room and meet on the grassy area near the modular off J St.
- 4th grade will exit through the gym doors and meet in the parking area behind the school.
For more information refer to this link!
Chuck McKenna email@example.com
Subscribe for Updates
Receive the most current information delivered directly to your inbox.
- Office Hour Recordings
- Office Hours 8/12/20