Information regarding the start of school this week
The beginning of the new school year has arrived! We are very excited to see our amazing students again. For this to work we need your cooperation to keep everyone safe and healthy. Please do not send your child to school if they are showing symptoms. Everyday we are asking parents to administer this home screening checklist to determine if their student is able to attend classes. If your child is exhibiting ANY symptoms on either check list please keep them home!
We want to first thank you for your patience as we work to develop a plan for the upcoming school year. The Salida Early Childhood Center will follow the same plan as the Salida School District with some additional provisions that meet Head Start and Colorado Child Care Licensing Regulations. Here are some changes to our programming for the new school year:
- School will start on August 19th, the same day as the rest of the District.
- New child enrollment will be limited. Our classrooms will not open at full capacity. It is our hope that we will be able to work up to full capacity later in the Fall.
- In order to space children out during nap, many families will be offered half day. This includes some families who had a full day last year. Families will be contacted this week with their child’s schedule.
- Staff will not be conducting home visits prior to the start of school. You will receive a phone call from your child’s teacher when staff return. Teachers are also able to meet with families virtually if you would like to do so prior to getting started.
- Because we are limiting building access, we will not have a Visit Day as we have in years past.
- Drop off and pick up times will be staggered and will occur at the classroom playground doors to allow for social distancing. Your family will be assigned a drop off and pick up time. Only one adult will be allowed to drop off and pick up. Only authorized guardians and caregivers will be allowed to pick up in accordance with our program’s policy.
We ask that you watch for regular communication as decisions and adjustments are made. Our Principal, Ilona Witty, will be holding a virtual meeting for families this Wednesday, August 5th, from 6 to 7 pm. Please watch for an invitation and Zoom link. Please also view this letter from Nurse Lindsay Haarmeyer with new policies and procedures that will take place daily. If you have decided to not send your child to school, please let us know as soon as possible.
Please know that our team is working tirelessly to implement all of the new requirements that this pandemic has brought on while maintaining the same magical, nurturing school environment. Reach out if you have questions or find your family in need of any resources.
We look forward to welcoming your family back!
The Salida Early Childhood Center Team
Subscribe for Updates
Receive the most current information delivered directly to your inbox.