In order to provide the community with a better understanding of why decisions are being made, the district is publishing all data and metrics that are being analyzed on this page. One of the most important tools being used is the Chaffee County COVID-19 Dashboard. The dashboard is updated and monitored daily by the administration. You can also follow along with what’s happening with COVID at the state level here, and even by county here.
Guidance Tools from the CDPHE
The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) released updated guidance for detecting, reporting, and responding to cases and outbreaks of COVID-19 in schools and child care settings. Here are some tools they released that can help parents, students, teachers, staff, and schools determine who needs to stay home from school. See the three flow charts below to better understand what happens if a student or staff member appears sick after being in school, how to handle a testing or quarantine period, and how to return to school after dealing with a test or quarantine period.
Frequently Asked Questions
View this link to see why the school has plans for utilizing quarantine strategies as well as the school’s response to being informed of a positive case within the district.
- Chaffee County Public Health
- Amended Mask Mandate Executive Order
- Chaffee County Commissionors
- Salida City Council
- Poncha Springs Trustees
- Colorado Department of Education
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Article from Children’s Hospital – Facemasks for Children
- Transmission of SARS-CoV-2 in Australian educational settings: a prospective cohort study
- November Letter Regarding In-Person Learning From CDPHE
- Chaffee County Public Health Press Release – 11/13/20